Local Lappish people claim that snowmobiling is the best way to see the beauties of the Arctic region. This tour will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the special snowmobile treks in the wild. You will enjoy the beautiful wintery scenery whilst driving through the local forests, where opportunities for photos are abundant during short stops we make.
The tour is suitable for everyone who has never been driving a snowmobile before. The riding time on the snowmobiles is approximately 1½ hours. The average speed during our tours is limited due to safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, unless single (solo) supplement has been booked. Children under 120 cm of height ride in a sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
- Guided safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Hot drink
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement.
- Child price is valid for a child under 120 cm seated in a sleigh.
- Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 1000 €. You can buy a waiver for 19 € to lower the excess to 299 €. Waiver is available to buy only on the spot.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 120 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests. Otherwise, this person should be seated in the sledge.The sledge is always pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. The sledge has an open top and can take up to 8 persons. It’s advised that a small child seated in a sleigh is accompanied by an adult.
Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- Мы взимаем плату за отмену в размере 100% если бронирование отменено 2 дней или меньше до мероприятия
- Мы взимаем плату за отмену в размере 50% если бронирование отменено 7 дней или меньше до мероприятия
- Мы взимаем плату за отмену в размере 10% если бронирование отменено 90 дней или меньше до мероприятия