The tour will start at a local safari house in Levi, where you will change into gear, guaranteed to keep you warm and dry during the safari, including overall, boots, helmet and gloves. Once equipped, a guide will give you brief instructions, and off you go!
Within approximately 1 hour you will arrive to the old reindeer farm that dates back more than 150 years. You will get a bunch of memorable experiences of Lappish reindeer herders’ culture. You will be guided to the reindeer sleds and go for a short reindeer ride through the beautiful pine forest. You will be able to take pictures with the reindeers and feed them with lichen. You can also check out old buildings around the farm, which have a nice collection of old Lappish artifacts from the reindeer herders. After the ride, you can taste Finnish warm berry juice in the old café and buy fresh home-made donuts (traditional “munkki” in Finnish), souvenirs from reindeer antlers and conserves from local berries.
At the end you will return by snowmobiles back to Levi center (1 hour).
The average speed during our tours is limited due to safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, unless single (solo) supplement has been booked. Children under 140 cm of height ride in a sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
- Guided safari
- Visit to reindeer farm and short reindeer safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Hot drink
Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement. Child price is valid for a child under 120 cm seated in a sleigh.
Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 800 €. You can buy a waiver for 20 € to lower the excess to 300 €. Waiver is available to buy only on the spot.
- Meals, snacks
Child age: 2-11 years
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement.
- If you have an odd number of riders, you must choose solo driving supplement for every odd rider
- Child price is valid for a child under 140 cm seated in a sleigh.
- Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 800 €. You can buy a waiver for 20 € to lower the excess to 300 €.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 140 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests. Otherwise, this person should be seated in the sledge.The sledge is always pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. The sledge has an open top and can take up to 8 persons. It’s advised that a small child seated in a sleigh is accompanied by an adult.
Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- Мы взимаем плату за отмену в размере 100% если бронирование отменено 2 дней или меньше до мероприятия
- Мы взимаем плату за отмену в размере 50% если бронирование отменено 7 дней или меньше до мероприятия
- Мы взимаем плату за отмену в размере 10% если бронирование отменено 90 дней или меньше до мероприятия